2015-01-05

What to look forward to in 2015 on Otaku Network

A few days late, but...laziness.  明けましておめでとう!!

    Here's what's in the works for 2015 as I come off of a productive 2014. 

- On December 31st a Twitter account was generated to complement this blog.  Follow it @TheOtakuNetwork for things that wouldn't normally fit the scope of this site but are still related.

- 2015 is looking to be good with a few highly anticipated series returns, such as Sidonia no Kishi and Aldnoah.Zero.  Will it be as great as 2014?  Time will tell, but I have my doubts.

- There are still a number of older series that need to be watched and reviewed but I don't anticipate the quantity of reviews of older shows to be what it has been.

- More manga reviews!  I want to re-read Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou and do deeper analysis' for each tankoubon.  This may turn into a weekly installment to help replace the mostly concluded Moku-yobi Posts which featured short reviews of older anime not previously reviewed.

- As I pick up more books on Japanese society and sociology expect more dissertations on the things that go into the psychology of anime and manga and how those things that are Japanese in nature shape the stories we all enjoy.

- In February I will be attending my first con since 2001 and something may show up here related to it.  Con reporting is something I generally don't want to get involved with but who knows what swill happen.

So with that, welcome to 2015, thanks for sticking around and look forward to more and improved information!

Image from 34-sei Mushoku-san by Ikeda Takashi.

No comments: