2024-03-29

A Quick Look at the Spring 2024 anime season

    As soon as it began, the Winter season is almost over with.  It had some relatively solid choices in the slice of life and romance area's with some unexpected surprises in other genres.  The relentless march of time presses and the Spring cour is almost here.  Here is a list of new titles that have piqued my interest.


Studio Apartment, Good Lighting, Angel Included

    The set up for this feels a lot like the set up to A Certain Magical Index, but without all of the shonen action aspects.  Not sure how good this will be but I'm willing to give it a few episodes.  I suspect it will be more like a lopsided moe rendition of Aa Megami-sama instead.  Who would have thought that a series from over 30 years ago would have a stronger, meek, female lead than this one potentially?  We are sliding backwards folks!!

Train to the End of the World

    One of the newer shows to show up on my radar, this could go either really dark or not.  How close to Girls Last Tour could it be?  I still need to finish that fantastic show.  Though it really just seems like a slice of life set in a post apocalyptic landscape with an heavy emphasis on a group of cute girls and their growth in the journey to the legendary..Ikebukuro?

Spice & Wolf: merchant meets wise wolf

    One of the legacy romance series', I still have not cracked into.  Since this is a remake it seems like a good time to finally watch this...and see what all the fuss is about.

Bartender: Glass of God

    Everyone has been hyped about this for a long time know.  I know nothing about it and I want to keep it that way.  I want to see what all the excitement is about this story and experience it fresh for myself.  I highly doubt it will be anything like the last bartender based series I watched...Death Parade.

A Salad Bowl of Eccentrics

    At first glance of the overview of this series, it seems like it could just be a boring reverse-isekai.  But something about it also makes me think of Hinamatsuri so I am absolutely willing to check this show out.

Laid Back Camp season 3

    Great to have this super chill and comfortable anime return.  The movie was fine, but it lacked some of the cozy warmth of the TV series.  Time to wrap up in a chunky yarn, oversized scarf and sip hot cocoa.

A Condition Called Love

    One of this seasons atypical high school romances...check.  Just need to add it to the ever growing list of sub par romance anime to consume.  I don't suspect anything out of the ordinary with this one.  But...maybe it will be this years Skip & Loafer.  I doubt it will impact me as much as Insomniacs After School did last year though.  I am not opposed to the character design though.

Astro Note

    A guy loses his job as a chef and has to move into a boarding house.  Could this be another attempt to capture the spirit of Maison Ikkoku?  The preview checks off a lot of the standards set in that series, but with some unnatural twists.  This looks incredibly amusing either way!

The Fable

    This could be a really fun and well executed fish out of water story, revolving around a legendary assassin who has to be a normal human being for once.

Jellyfish Can't Swim in the Night

    Sadly, not a return to the fantastic world of Princess Jellyfish...but the trailer makes this story look really interesting and dramatic.  I really like the artwork and may just be surprised with how good this is.  Hopefully it pulls off a more compelling story that Wonder Egg Priority, even though I don't sense any supernatural aspects in this one.

Grandpa and Grandma Turn Young Again

    Whats not to love about a cute story of two, life time, lovers getting an extension on their lives together?  That's a powerful Notch apple!

Tadaima, Okaeri

    Adult centered slice of life romance about a married couple?  Sign me the hell up! I suspect it will be a bit more dramatic than I Can't Understand What My Husband is Saying.

Rinkai!

    I love cycling and love watching track racing, so a sports anime about a group of female keirin racers.  I am all there!  Go fast, turn left, no breaks, no gears, can't stop, won't stop.

The Many Sides of Voice Actors Radio

    Industry based anime can be fun or entertaining, not sure how this one will pan out, but its worth checking out for a few episodes at least.  Though it seems like this type of show, about two voice actors who do radio shows together and dislike each other in real life, would have hit a better audience 15 years ago.

Whisper Me a Love Song

    This seasons yuri about an underclassman who falls for her musically inclined senpai.  We will see how good it is, or if its just more formulaic romance, either way, I'm in!

 

No comments: