2023-12-29

A Quick Look at the Winter 2024 anime season

 Soon after the New Year a new cour of anime will begin, bringing with it new and continuing titles.  Here is a quick look at ones that have made it to my list of things to check out in the first week or two of January.

 

Solo Leveling

    I was a fan of the Tower of God anime right from the beginning.  The manhwa Solo Leveling kept popping up in comparison.  I have waited for the anime to become a reality, not wanting to spoil anything reading ahead.  Time will tell if this can reach me like Tower of God did.   Still waiting on season 2 of that story and I should really get back to reading it.

A Sign of Affection

    Unknown entry, but it looks to be a mature romance with the main character being deaf and having to deal with the guy she suddenly likes struggling to communicate with her.  Could be good, probably won't be insulting to the world of the hearing impaired.

Mr. Villain's Day Off

    This looks absurd and cute.

Hokaido Gals are Super Adorable

    I don't have a lot of hope for this to be little more than soft fan service fodder, but I was surprised by Kimi Zero, so who knows.  Are gyaru coming back in fashion suddenly?

Cherry Magic?  Thirty Years A Virgin Can Make You A Wizard

    Could this be a more palatable yaoi version of the terrible 40 Year Virgin?

Delusional Monthly Magazine

    Hard to tell from brief descriptions, but this could be a mad cap farce of a story revolving around realty and uncertainty.  Worth checking out for being a unique concept among all the repetitive stuff this season alone.

Bucchigiri

   I have no idea what this is going to be about, but it could be incredibly absurd.

Fire Hunter - part 2

    The first series didn't hit my radar at all, but the synopsis intrigues me enough to check out at least the beginning.  Something about it makes me think of Shin Sekai Yori, and that is an amazing show that not enough people talk about.


The Winter cour tends to be less spectacular than Spring/Fall, but man, looking at whats pending for April...the next three months can't go quickly enough.  But, I will while away my time watching these and probably a few late comers as well as trying desperately to keep working on the enormous backlog of other anime that need to be watched.


No comments: