2023-09-27

New anime for the Fall of 2023

 October signals the start of the Fall season, which historically showcases the most anticipated anime of the year.  What Falls premiers provide high quality entertainment?  Or at the very least, what series has peeked my personal interests to spend some time exploring?

Pluto

     A detective with Interpol is tasked with investigating a series of murders of both human and AI that could be the first case of robot homicide in years.    He is trying to determine if the culprit could be one of the 7 great AI powers in the world.

     This one is a bit of an automatic inclusion.  I am a huge fan of Urasawa Naoki and loved the manga when I read it years ago.  This has been in the works for a while and I suspected when a vague announcement by Urasawa a few years ago related to a new project would be exactly this series.  Even if I really hoped for an anime adaptation of 20th Century Boys.  Regardless, this is going to be a great anime and the previews we have seen have shown great promise for artwork and composition.

 

A Girl & Her Guard Dog

    A girl raised by her grandfather in a yakuza household, wants nothing more then to have a normal childhood.  She chooses to enroll in a normal high school, in an attempt to experience a life away from her grandfathers influence.  Unfortunately for her, one of his underlings, tasked to protect her.  He forges his age and enrolls along with her...unfortunately she has been trying to distance herself from him as well.

    Knowing nothing outside of the synopsis, this one is on the list as a potential romance to enjoy for the season.  We will see how much this leans into comedy or drama.  It could go either way, but episode one should clear that up.  I don;t expect anything ground breaking with this, not anticipating any insane gotcha surprise.  It seems pretty straightforward and familiar.  Just something to past the time, another high school romance notch in the belt.  

Dekoboko Majo no Oyako Jijo

    I witch finds a baby girl abandoned in the woods and decides to raise it as her own.  The baby has grown up to be a strong girl who has more common sense than her aloof step mother.  Which one is the adult in this household?

    Aside form the special attention made to the witches buxum chest, this series seems cute and fun and rather goofy.  I have no prior knowledge of the original source material or what to expect, the PV makes it seem light hearted and fun!

Ancient Magus Bride 2nd season - part 2

    The story picks up from where the first part left off in the end of the Spring.  Chise is enrolled in the alchemist college and has to deal with all of the difficulties this threatening place presents her, while working towards building some sort of mutual and normalized relationship with Elias.

    I really enjoyed the original series and didn't start watching the new season until preparing for this second part to air.  I don't enjoy this new story as much as the original series, feeling it is being limited by focusing on one specific location and somewhat emulating Harry Potter.  But, its still an enjoyable story, even if I feel this part isn't as engaging as the original story was.

Under Ninja

    In the modern world, ninja still exist and are quite active and numerous, hidden in the shadows, conducting covert missions for good or ill.  One ninja, a shut in, is assigned a dangerous mission in which he has to go undercover as a student.

    This story falls well into the type that have little interest to me these days.  The only reason this is even on my radar is the original author, Hanazawa Kengo, who wrote the massively enjoyable zombie manga I am A Hero.  Not sure how long I will watch this...wish his other work would get a series!  I really need to write up that review for I Am A Hero...

 

Yuzuki-san Chi no Yon-Kyodai

  No idea what this one is even about!  It could be a comedy, a drama or a mix of the two.  I am not expecting anything as awesome as Minami-ke but this does look like it could be enjoyable.

You Were Experienced, I was Not: Our Dating Story

    A boy is forced to confess to the girl he likes in school, surprisingly she agrees to go out with him because she is currently single.  Now they have to navigate each other, living in completely different social worlds.

    This one is on the list as another romance for the season...not sure how long this one will last.  If the series is obnoxious or terrible written it won't make it very far.  But, it may hold some form of depth and interesting story telling, my hopes for that are quite low however.

My New Boss Is Goofy

    Momose Kentaro changes jobs, due to his previous boss being incredibly toxic.  He is afraid that he will end up in the same situation with his new boss...only things aren't exactly as dire as he fears...but that doesn't mean it's going to be easy.

   Another series I have zero knowledge of.  This looks like a fun and laid-back office work comedy.  Though, I wouldn't mind if there was some underlying BL romance action, I really don't expect it.  I do have hopes this will be cute and amusing.

Spy Family 3rd season

    Once again the crazy life of Loid Forger and his fake family are back with their hi-jinks and ready for more fun!

    I am a season behind this great show...and I really need to catch up on the story before this one kicks off.  This is such a fun story with great and lovable characters, what is there not to like!  Also, Yor is literally the best waifu, fight me!!

No comments: