2020-10-22

Too Long Dormant

     Life get's in the way sometimes and things you put a lot of effort into for personal fulfillment get pushed to the background.  I general my anime viewing has been pretty subpar compared to years and years of ravenous consumption.  It's hard to say if it is due to disinterest in so much that is coming out lately or not.  But there are definitely fewer titles that interest me than there have been in the past.  In 2010 or so I got turned off pretty heavily from anime in general and took a break for a few years while pursuing other hobbies.  While I really haven't gotten back into it by any capacity close to what it used to be I also never stopped watching anime or reading manga.  I just don't hunt it out like I have in the past.  SO for now, I have a number of series I need to make up for and drop reviews on...some I will probably have to create my own flashback episode for!

    Here is what is on the docket for current/new series though.  

    I am supper excited for the return of Higurashi!  Even though I never made it through the second series or any of the following OAV's.  



   I am eagerly awaiting the start of the anime adaptation of To Your Eternity...hopefully we get more than a single cour.  I have been reading the manga since it first appeared on Crunchyroll and am a huge fan to say the least.



    Spriggan...Spriggan is returning I believe next year, Neflix is involved?  Honestly its a title I never figured would get a rehash.  I have been half assed trying to track down a copy of the original movie for a cheap price, but so far no luck.




    Season two of Promised Neverland.  The return of Cells at Work!  My daughter keeps pestering me to watch Aggretsuko.  Shaman King!!  All that we need now is an end to isekai...thats all we need oh and you know a fix for the world problems currently but...an end to isekai.



    My manga consumption has pretty much been relegated to what's on Crunchyroll.  Continuing series I am following are, Space Brothers, A-Jin, Joshi Kausei, Aposimz, To Your Eternity, Crossing Time, YanOta and One Room of Happiness.  I did recently start re-reading Gantz but got distracted...need to pick that up again.

Can we just talk about how much Moebius seems to influence Nihei's work?



No comments: